Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 2 - Transition

Sad to see Warren off at Seattle airport this morning.  We had a great 9 days.  Covered a lot of ground; really hit some great spots and had a lot of laughs.  For me - a special week.  The week provided a nice opportunity to really get to know each other.  Cottage opening/closings are becoming rarer and Duffy Christmas doesn't provide enough time to really spend quality time together.  I will always have good memories of this past week.


So, I am in transition.  Dave will arrive tomorrow (Monday) and will bring a couple of old Ottawa friends along from Vancouver.  I go back with Mike Delaney and Mike Gormley to high school days. We are planning a couple of days in Seattle and Dave and I will be heading into the mountains Wednesday (June 5) morning. We will cross the Northern US, initially on old HWY #2, playing some golf each day.  Plan a dip down for some sights, once we hit Montana with plans to cross through Yellowstone National Park, visit Custer's Last Stand at Little Big Horn and then on to Mount Rushmore.  Hope to play golf all the way, but will have to see if we can keep the pace. Should be a hoot.
Turned the corner now.  As the old Beatles song says - On my Way Home!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob. Sorry no word from us for such a long time. Will write more in a separate email but just to say we have been following you as you have progressed on your trip from here in the UK. The photos and the music on some clips are great. Even better you are sharing this with old friends. Continued safe travels heading back home. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, what a spectacular time you and Warren have had! And such amazing sights you've seen along the way. I was telling Lois this morning that your adventure with Warren reminds me of the one I had with Erin in Argentina. Those moments are rare and will be cherished for a lifetime. Hard to believe you've turned the corner and are about to embark on the last leg of your journey. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete